Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Book Four - Same Kind of Different As Me

Hmmmmmm. Same Kind of Different As Me took me completely by surprise. (Warning: Mark, you are DEAD for suggesting this one!) So, if reading the Last Lecture didn't kick you in the arse then this one will most definitely pick up the slack. Reading this book was like stepping out on the "Wipeout" course for my maiden attempt. See I read along just thinking I was doing just fine, simply discovering the depth of a true friendship, when out of no where I was sucker punched right in the face. Yes, I will not deny the relationship shared by Denver and Ron is a relationship most never know. Two men from completely different worlds both fighting the 'catch and release' mentality of friendship. Neither one had any great thing to bring to the table just simple trust which with time bloomed into amazing love. Having mentioned that and while its more than I may have experienced personally it is not what hit me in the eye that hurts. That right hook came from unsuspecting Deborah, who, in spite of it all, possessed implicit grace. Her unconditional love allowed her to forgive an unfaithful husband and his mistress with notable poise. "This is Deborah Hall, Ron's wife," she said calmly into the phone. I tried to imagine the shocked face on the other end of the line. "I want you to know that I don't blame you for the affair with my husband," Deborah went on. "I know that I've not been the kind of wife Ron needed, and I take responsibility for that." She paused, listening. Then: "I want you to know that I forgive you," Deborah said. "I hope that you find someone who will not only truly love you but honor you." Her grace stunned me. But not nearly as much as what she said next: " I intend to work on being the best wife Ron could ever want, and if I do my job right, you will not be hearing from my husband again." Holy balls, wow! How does one love like that? This is only one example, she had mad love for everyone no matter where they were at. Now you see why my eye hurts :) Love like this is Divine and man apart from the Divine cannot possess or demonstrate such love. But wow when the chemistry is there its a mindblowing demonstration.

No comments:

Post a Comment